Since 1958 the Cantina Cooperativa Terre del Barolo has been writing the history of the Langhe, in the name of protecting the hills of the Barolo area, where the vineyards of the current 300 winemakers are present.
On 8 December 1958, the Founder and President Arnaldo Rivera, representing the first twenty-two growers, signed the memorandum drawn up in the hall of the Municipality of Grinzane Cavour, in the presence of the notary Italo Ferrero.
A great protection for the winemakers, until then at the mercy of the overwhelming power of brokers and traders who offered mortifying grape prices.
Over the decades the Cantina Terre del Barolo grows steadily between moments of sacrifice, satisfactions, members, new acres of production and an increase in the brand’s reputation on the wine market.
Today the winery counts 300 growers, with about 600 hectares of vineyards, and both in the vineyard and in the cellar are used certified procedures for the protection of the environment and the consumer.
The production includes all the Denominations produced from the typical vines of the Barolo area, both with red and white grapes, with a careful selection of the grapes.